There are a lot of places to get financial advice and we know that our personalized, “family doctor” approach is not for everyone.
So, how do you know if TAAG is right for you? Let’s start here:
- Comprehensive, personalized ongoing financial planning tailored to your goals
- Disciplined investment management using low-cost, institutional mutual funds managed on the principles of Nobel prize winning research, not a specific guru, trend or fad
- We operate under a fiduciary duty to legally put our clients’ interests first at all times
- Over 25 years experience working solely with individuals and families
- Reputation for honesty, trust and fairness perpetuated by referrals from clients and other professionals
- Commitment to ongoing educations with advisors seeking at least 30 hours of continuing education every 2 years
- Fee-Only – We receive no compensation outside our clients’ management fees. This allows us to be crystal clear as to who we serve and avoids unnecessary conflict and bias due to misplaced incentives.
- Member firm of NAPFA – National Association of Personal Finance Advisors
- 100% employee owned
But what really makes us different from every other leading firm?
- Clarity – No matter your financial background, we want our clients to clearly understand the advice we give, the thinking behind it and the cost to implement it. No matter how complex the situation, we’ll work through it together step by step and in clear, plain language.
- Humility – What we do isn’t about showing how much we know. It’s about listening to what you want and using our expertise to help make that happen.
- Cooperative – We genuinely like working with each other and our clients. We work together with you, your family, you other advisors and each other to create the most integrated and cohesive financial picture possible.
- Compassionate – Money and emotions are inextricably linked. Whether planning for your future or dealing with a life event, we’re here to support you through all of life’s ups and downs.
- Relaxed – It doesn’t take stuffy offices or an overly serious demeanor to do exceptional work. When we welcome you to our office, we want you to make yourself at home.
Sounds good so far. How do we get started in seeing whether TAAG might work for us?
This type of work is deeply personal and should be based on strong relationships with people that have similar philosophies and fit well with one another. We also only seek to take on clients where we can add a great deal of value and have a high degree of developing a long lasting relationship.
In order to make that happen, we typically start with two introductory meetings at no charge. The initial meeting is typically a fairly informal discussion about you. Where do things stand today, where would you like to see them go and are we a good potential fit to help you get there.
If you like what you hear, we then sit down for a more formal proposal meeting. In this meeting, we take what we’ve learned from you during our initial conversation and walk through some initial recommendations and talk in greater detail about what you could expect from a relationship with TAAG.
If all are agree there’s a good fit, we move on to the next stages. Some basic paperwork and a few initial meetings to help us determine how to transition any existing investments, set up savings plans, etc.
From there, we meet on a regular basis, or as issues come up, to continue to fine tune the plan and ensure that any adjustments needed are minor instead of significant changes often needed when a plan goes unchecked for a long time. As we like to say, it’s the planning, not the plan.
Now that you know who we are, let’s set up some time to get to know you better. Request a complimentary initial meeting by clicking here.